Implementation of Temporary Measure for Overseas Koreans in Countries Subject to the Enhanced Quarantine Measure
- 체류관리과(Visa & Residence)
Temporary visa issuance is implemented as specified below for ‘Koreans in the former Soviet Union’ who are facing difficulties, after departure from the ROK to obtain a new visa, such as discontinuation of children’s schooling due to visa restrictions subject to strengthened quarantine measures.
○ (Those subject to the measure) Overseas Koreans with Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan nationality
○ (Eligibility Details) Eligible applicants are those with under-age children enrolled at schools in the ROK, among Overseas Koreans who have departed from the ROK between February 1 and August 31, 2020 to obtain a new visa after having resided in the country with H-2 (Work and Visit) status, etc.
※ Visas to be granted to under-age school children and the parents
○ (Visa issuance) Expeditious issuance of H-2 (Work and Visit) or F-1-11 (Family Visitor) visas
※School enrollment details of under-age children and either parent’s immigration records to be checked
○ (As to quarantine) Applicants should consent to submission of a negative COVID-19 test certificate*, etc.
* Valid for a certificate issued by hospitals designated by Embassy within 48 hours prior to boarding
○ (Effective from) October 19 (Mon.), 2020
※ For more inquiries, please contact the ROK Embassy (Consular office) in your country of residence.